Wednesday, July 22, 2009

nimococoa ipan Zacatlan, zan pampa nihueliz nimomachtiaz!

This time around Zacatecas hasn't been quite as exciting as the first time I came. Don't get me wrong, however. I love it! But, the students are somewhat different than those of two years ago. There are pros and cons, but they are all amazing, no doubt.

I feel like I'm learning less Nahuatl than I did two years ago. Although, from that time, I feel like I've advanced incredibly. I don't know, I guess I just need to study more. God knows why I haven't been doing that. I really need to focus on the Classical because that is where I get confused the most.

The night before last, I felt myself coming down with something. I hoped it wasn't the flu, or anything that would take a week to fix itself. Today, however, I feel somewhat better. I just thank God that I didn't get as sick as I did when I was in New York. I really think I caught influenza A H1n1 (Swine Flu). Oh well, this will give me an excuse to lay in my bed and just read and stuy Nahuatl. That is really what I need, afterall.

I will be home in a week and a half, and yet I feel as though I just got here. There is nothing for me back home, that is why I try to travel or get out of Laredo as much as I can. My job might not be there for me when I get back. I don't know where else I can work in the city that pays decent and gives me experience. I also applied for an internship with Texas Monthly in Austin. I really hope I get it. But if I do, I'd have to move over there for at least a number of weeks. I don't know where I'd live, where I would work for money, and if my parents could even give me something ($) to start off with.

Oh well, there still is a little time to think about this. I'll catch up with you all soon. God bless!

-coyo'

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a mind full of opinions that were meant to be heard! Let me know what your views are.

Blog Archive